Welcome Turtle Families!

Welcome to our daily blog! We use it to share daily updates on our classroom, reflections on our learning with children, and photographs.We are so excited that so many people are sharing in the Turtle Day! Extended family, friends, neighbors, educators, etc, are also encouraged to follow the blog!
One of the wonderful aspects of blogging is that it allows real-time interaction between home and school. Is your child talking about what we are doing in school? Leave us a comment and let us know! Are you interested (or even an expert!) in something we are studying? Leave us a comment and let us know! Are you planning an outing with your child to extend the classroom learning? Leave us a comment and invite other families along!
We also have a section call, "Learn More About..." When we write each post, we tag it with relevant topics. And so if you wanted to see what we have been doing with, for instance, science, you would click on that tag, and see all the posts about science.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Today in Morning Meeting, the Turtle's had a great discussion about what they did over break!  Everyone was so eager to share what they did and who they saw.  The children's responses were recorded and this is what we got:

What did you do on winter break?

Wills: My police car-you can drive all around in my police car.
Caimin: I went to Briar Bush.
Madigan: I did something special with my mommy.  I was watching the Nutcracker.
Patrick: I was waiting for my toys.
Ella: I got a scooter.
Zara: I went to an airplane.  Swimming house.
Mimi: My mommy and daddy just play with me.  Put the swing up.
Sophia:  I danced with my best friend, my Mimi.
Gabby: My celebration, my mommy was sleeping.  Me and my pop-pop went to my cousin's house and we did a zip line.
David: My celebration was Christmas.  I fly to Florida to see grandma.  I saw helicopters with Matthew.
Sadie:  I got a Christmas Tree.  
Jacob:  I did a big shape.  It had six sides, like a hexagon.  I draw it.
Madison:  I like having fun at my house and we go out for a walk and a party.


It was clear that everyone was super excited to be back for a full day as each Turtle went from center to center during Free Choice and Choice Time.

The Writing Center was open for the Turtles' love for stories and writing letters.


Then we did some ice skating and soon realized it was easier to slide around with our spots!


We continued making collages.


Mommies read books to their babies.

Another popular choice was the easel.  The Turtles had the opportunity to build up their fine motor skills by using their shoulders and arms vertically on the easel.  Not only did the children experiment by using the point of the crayon, but they also learned to use the side of the crayon to shade in some color.

Zoos were carefully constructed and as others joined in, it was transformed into a "huge castle."



Then there was a huge traffic jam which caused a huge problem but, 

was soon rectified by sharing the road!  There isn't a problem our Turtles can't solve!

Then we finally bundled up and went outside to let out some of our Turtle energy.













No comments:

Post a Comment